Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Vox looked at how women — and usually not men — feel pressure to look good while on Zoom.
- NPR answered the question of whether to get tested for coronavirus “just for the heck of it.”
- The New York Times interviewed psychiatrists about a potential increase in postpartum mood and anxiety disorders; the NYT also described how our bodies are expressing pandemic stress in surprising ways.
- The Washington Post informed readers how to stay safe in restaurants this summer.
- In travel-related news, Forbes reported that JetBlue will leave middle seats empty, while Business Traveller noted that Delta will give passengers hygiene kits.
- Meanwhile, Prevention looked into whether flying is advisable right now.
- Self shared that Headspace is offering free subscriptions for people who have lost their jobs due to coronavirus.
- Eat This Not That described how many Chinese restaurants in the U.S. are in danger of closing due to business lost during the pandemic — for economic and racist reasons.
In Other News…
- HBR advised job-seekers to turn resume bullet points into before-and-after stories.
- At Medium, Shenequa Golding wrote, “[P]lease, be mindful. Your black employees are dealing with a lot.”
- Above the Law shared what Biglaw had to say this week on the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, and the protests in the wake of their deaths.
- Fast Company published its first list of LGBTQ women and nonbinary innovators in business and tech.
- VegOut rounded up 11 black-owned vegan businesses that ship nationwide.
- Vulture proclaimed, “The revolution will not be branded,” while CNN explained how Ben & Jerry’s corporate response has stood out.
- Vulture also provided a guide to the best streaming services.
- The Washington Post pointed that you can now delete old Facebook posts without deleting Facebook.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
Feeling social? You can check us out on Facebook or Instagram, or through Bloglovin, Pinterest, or Twitter!