Are you looking for more ways to incorporate healthy greens into your diet? Or do you want some new ways to shake up your spring and summer meal and snack rotation? A fun, easy way to accomplish both is by adding some healthy and green spreadable recipes to your regular staple of snacks and meals.
These spreads are versatile. They work on morning bagels or toast, as a dig for crackers or veggies, or as part of your favorite sandwiches, burgers, tacos, and any favorite recipe you can think of.
These healthy and green spreadable recipes are an easy way to add a new, fresh flavor profile to familiar snacks, while also incorporating more greens into your diet.
Healthy and Green Spreadable Recipes
Green Spread with Leeks and Peas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ cup chopped leeks
- ¼ cup fresh spinach
- 2 tsp linseed oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the peas on the stovetop in salted water.
- Once cooked, drain peas and transfer to a blender.
- Also, add spinach, linseed oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little bit of water and blend until it reaches a preferred consistency.
- Once you’ve reached your desired consistency, add chopped chives and leeks.
- Stir well, and spread on top of rye bread (or your favorite bread or cracker) to serve.
Perfect for your own at-home avocado toast, as a dip or dressing, or as a roasting sauce for meats or roasted vegetables, this avocado spread is a delicious, versatile, healthy, and green spreadable recipe.
- 1 ripe Haas avocado
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup water
- ? cup fresh parsley (stems included)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Peel and pit the avocado.
- Add avocado and all other ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, and enjoy!
Green Cream Cheese Recipe
If you want a lighter, healthier green cheese option for bagels and more, look no further than this green cream cheese recipe.
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Pinch of salt
- Bagels (or your preferred snack) for serving
- Add parsley, chives, and basil to a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop.
- Add cream cheese and avocado to the herbs in the food processor.
- Start the food processor. As it is running, add the lemon juice until the mixture is light and fluffy, and well-combined.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Best served on toasted bagels.
Another way to make sure you get your greens is with these natural supplements from Healthforce Superfoods, Amazing Grass, and Genestra.
Vitamineral Green Capsules by Healthforce Superfoods
Vitamineral Green Capsules by Healthforce Superfoods is a blend of organic herbs, sea vegetables, superfood greens, and enzymes. Vitamineral Green Capsules contains land plants, such as nettle leaf, carob pod, alfalfa leaf, horsetail leaf, ginger root, barley grass, parsley leaf, wheatgrass, basil leaf, and more. It also contains water plants, including spirulina and chlorella, kelp, dulse, bladderwrack, alaria, and lavar. There is also an enzyme concentrate that provides protease, Alpha-Galactosidase, amylase, cellulase, lipase, bromelain, and papain. Best of all, they all come in a convenient capsule form.
Green Superfood by Amazing Grass
Green Superfood from Amazing Grass contains a powerful blend of nutritious greens, phytonutrient-packed fruits, veggies, cereal grasses, digestive enzymes, and probiotics. The Amazing Grass Green Food Blend includes a proprietary combination of organic, non-GMO Green Food Blend, Antioxidant Blend, EFA Fiber Blend, and a Digestive Enzyme & Active Culture Pre/Probiotic Blend. Every serving helps achieve recommended daily servings of fruits and veggies, and each scoop is chock full of all the necessary vitamins and minerals you and your loved ones need to start and finish the day feeling at your best.
Phyto Greens Powder Organic by Genestra
Phyto Greens Powder Organic from Genestra is an herbal supplement with a broad-spectrum blend of phytonutrients. Phyto Greens Powder Organic contains an organic fruit and vegetable blend including apple fruit, beetroot, spinach leaf, strawberry fruit, kale, red cabbage, brussels sprouts, ginger root (and much more), as well as spirulina, chlorella and oat grass, millet sprout, alfalfa, barley, and wheat leaf, making for a powerful superfood blend to support energy and overall well-being throughout the day.
What are your favorite healthy and green spreadable recipes?