Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I used to wear full suits to the office at least once or twice a week, usually for some combination of depositions, court conferences, or other formal meetings. In the last year, however, I can count on one hand the number of times that I’ve put on a full suit.
Usually, a blazer is formal enough for my purposes, and it doesn’t even have to be the typical black, gray, or navy. I actually prefer bright blazers because they look great on videoconferences (probably why so many news anchors go with bright, solid colors) and make my face look slightly less washed out.
This twill blazer from Talbots comes in this gorgeous orchid color, as well as a bright pink and royal blue, all of which would look fantastic on your next Zoom.
The blazer is $179 (but be on the lookout for Talbots’ frequent sales) and comes in plus sizes 12–24, plus petite sizes 14–22, misses sizes 2–18, and petite sizes 0–16.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 3-9-21)
- Nordstrom – Up to 80% off! Designer clearance continues also, up to 70% off. (Big sales on Natori bras!)
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Loft – 25% off select Lou & Grey
- Ann Taylor – 40% off select full-price tops; $40 off pants and denim
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 40% off 4+ clearance items, extra 30% off 3 clearance items, extra 20% off 2 clearance items; up to 60% off 100s of spring styles
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything; extra 30% off your purchase
- Eloquii – 50% of all tops, pants, dresses, and jumpsuits
- Talbots – 25% off T by Talbots