Many people who have had success in any area of life can attribute it to a mentor or coach. Seeking professional advice is one of the smartest ways to see results and achieve any goal. Fitness is no exception to that rule, in fact, it is an important area of life that you should hire a coach for. Certified Personal Trainer’s are educated in several wellness-related topics from anatomy to psychology to nutrition, so they’re prepared to help you achieve any fitness goal. Here are the top 10 reasons you should hire a Certified Personal Trainer:
- Shorten Your Learning Curve: The best part of hiring a trainer is knowing that you’re going to reach your goals substantially faster. Certified trainers know what to look for, how to design effective programs, and they’ve helped others conquer the same challenges you’re facing. You can go at it the hard way and rely on yourself or go the smart way and have a pro guide you to your goals.
- Measurable Results: Exercise changes more than the number on the scale and there are actually much more effective methods of tracking results. Your trainer will track other things like strength, circumference measurements and body fat which shows how your body is actually changing inside and out. Completing these measurements on a monthly basis gives you positive results to stay motivated.
- Individualized Approach: There’s a reason everyone loves Netflix so much, it knows what you like and want to watch without any effort on your part. In a similar way, personal trainers know that everyone is unique and enjoys different forms of exercise. Trainers will expose you to lots of effective training methods to find the one you enjoy most. After all, if you like doing something you’re much more likely to keep doing it.
- Avoid and Work Around Injuries: Whether new or old, nothing is more frustrating than training around injuries. Trainers perform movement assessments to identify muscular and joint imbalances and the proper movements to correct them. This properly aligns the body and restores range of motion so you can train safely and avoid the injury roadblock.
- Feel Comfortable: Even though Youfit is a friendly environment where you can focus on YOU, it can still be challenging to walk through the front doors or confidently make your way around the gym. Trainers understand this and know how to make you feel confident in the gym with or without them.
- Planning: They say one minute of planning saves an hour of execution. With a trainer you know exactly what you need to do; so you get it done rather than wandering around the gym looking for an open machine. That saves you time to focus on all the other areas of your life like work and family.
- Maximize Your Movements: Machines are safe and easy to use making them a great place to start, but to get continual visible results you need to go beyond the machines. Free weight exercises have been proven to activate more muscles, especially in the core. The more of your body you use, the more bang for your buck you get. Since these are more complex movements you will want a trained professional to guide you through safe and effective form.
- Programs that Evolve with You: Everyday life throws something different at you that might cause you to lose sleep, make a less ideal food choice or be stressed out. Trainers understand that you’re different everyday and your program needs to adjust with you to balance out stress and train at a level that yields more progress than damage. If you’re having an incredible day and ready to take on the world your trainer knows how to adjust the program. If you’re having a rough day your trainer also knows how to adjust the program so that you leave Youfit feeling better and more energized than when you walked in.
- Support: It takes time for a tree’s roots to grab hold of the dirt just like it takes time to make exercise and health choices a habit. Trainers help with more than just exercise and nutrition, they’re your support system to keep you focused on what matters. They never judge or criticize, they’re on your side and genuinely care about you making the changes you set out for.
If you’ve made it this far, we encourage you to speak to a YouCoach during your next visit to Youfit. To learn more, visit https://www.youfit.com/personaltrainingpackages.