How to Make Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing
The fact that I can make this in less than 5 minutes is mindblowing. Here’s the recipe:
- Prepare the avocado. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the seed. Use a spoon or fork to scoop out the flesh, making sure to discard any spoiled or softened parts.
- Blend. Add the avocado flesh, chopped cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic clove, and 2 tablespoons of water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. I like to use cracked black pepper for this.
- Add more water. Add more water if needed until the dressing reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with this Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
Wondering what types of paleo dishes to serve with this homemade avocado cilantro lime dressing? Here are my top suggestions:
- Green salads
- Dipping sauce for veggies like carrots and celery
3 Awesome Benefits of Going Dairy-Free
Considering that this dressing recipe is 100% dairy-free, I thought it would be a good idea to share 3 of the top benefits that can be gained by going dairy-free:
- Improved skin. Sensitivity to dairy could be behind acne outbreaks, according to studies. Indeed, many people have reported marked improvements in their skin after ditching dairy. (1)
- Improved digestion. There are many people out there who are lactose-intolerant without even realizing; their symptoms are so mild that they never associate the link between dairy and any unpleasant digestive issues. Going dairy-free can help to provide relief from stomach cramping, indigestion, bloating, excess gas, diarrhea, nausea, and heartburn. (2)
- Reduced exposure to harmful antibiotics. It’s an unfortunate fact of life that many commercially available dairy products are riddled with hormones and antibiotics in order to increase profit margins. While you can always seek out real, whole milk (from farm sources or something similar), going dairy-free can help to significantly reduce your exposure as well.
How Long Can I Store This Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing?
As long as you’re keeping your dressing sealed up tight in an airtight container, you’ll be able to store this dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you decide to freeze it instead, it will keep for up to 3 months.
(You may also like: Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing)