I was scrolling somewhere on social media lately (Instagram, maybe?) and I got an ad for Birdies’ new washable loafers. I’ve been drooling over Birdies ever since I didn’t purchase the feathery slippers last year (congrats to whoever snapped those up!), and this may be the thing that gets me to try them.
The Blackbird is one of their bestselling styles — the new “engineered knit” also features their no-slip rubber sole and removable insole — but this one is washable. I particularly like the slightly sharper point to the toe compared to the non-washable versions, as well as the more matte fabric.
The black version is almost entirely sold out, but the coral and eggshell versions still have lots of sizes left. The shoes are $120 at Birdies.com. (If it’s your first order, you can get $20 off your first order with this referral code.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Hunting for other comfortable flats? These are some of the readers’ favorites from previous years — what are your latest favorites?
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 2-25-21)
- Nordstrom – Winter sale, up to 70% off! Designer clearance continues also, up to 70% off. (Big sales on Natori bras!)
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Loft – Extra 60% off sale styles (35% off your qualifying full-price purchase for loyalty members; 45% off for cardmembers)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 60% all sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Up to 60% off 100s of styles; extra 15% off tops & sweaters
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 50% off must-haves + extra 10% off purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off almost everything; extra 50% off clearance
- Eloquii – 60% off tops & skirts; every dress and jumpsuit $29–$59